By Guy Hart-Davis
Unlock the entire energy of Your Android™ telephone or pill
Discover countless numbers of information and methods you should use at once together with your Android equipment to get extra performed, and feature extra enjoyable.
You’ll tips on how to use your Android phone or pill as a strong communique, association, and productiveness device in addition to a feature-packed leisure machine. you'll dig deep into the settings and functions of either Android itself and the preinstalled apps, constructing the information and talents to take advantage of them to the fullest.
Easy to appreciate and non-technical, Android tips and methods is excellent for beginners—and for more matured clients able to ramp up their productiveness or movement to more recent units. It covers all new and up to date Android smartphones and drugs operating Android 6 (Marshmallow) or Android five (Lollipop)—with bonus, in-depth assurance of Samsung’s general TouchWiz epidermis.
Here’s only a sampling of what this book’s suggestions, tips, and strategies can assist you do:
· hook up with instant and mobile networks, to keyboards and Bluetooth units, and through VPNs
· rework your equipment right into a transportable wireless hotspot, and percentage net connections through USB or Bluetooth
· safe Android with reveal and SIM locks, place settings, and encryption
· Sideload apps from any resource and hold undesirable apps from loading
· Take Gmail to seasoned point with signatures, holiday responders, labels, archiving, complicated seek, and safe two-step verification
· deal with a number of e-mail debts jointly: POP, IMAP, net mail, and trade
· Get extra from your Google Chrome browser, and proportion bookmarks throughout all of your units
· Chat through textual content, audio, or video on Google Hangouts—and customise it to paintings simply how you wish
· get pleasure from your track in every single place, no matter if it’s kept in the neighborhood or within the cloud
· simply catch, edit, and proportion top-rated images and video clips
· rework your cellphone or capsule right into a overall social networking hub
· Squeeze extra battery lifestyles out of your Android device
Read or Download Android Tips and Tricks PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
With the recognition of web entry through mobile phones and different cellular units, net designers now need to give some thought to as many as 8 working structures, numerous browsers, and a slew of recent units as they plan a brand new web site, a brand new interface, or a brand new sub-site. This easy-to-follow pleasant ebook publications you thru this courageous new international with a transparent examine the basics and provides sensible suggestions and tips you'll now not have thought of.
This can be the 1st center facts e-book to completely replicate Apple's most up-to-date platform techniques, together with its dramatic contemporary advancements to iCloud help. Hands-on from begin to end, it teaches you step by step as you create a contemporary data-driven iOS app utilizing Storyboards, ARC, iOS 7, and Xcode five. Tim Roadley introduces new styles and top practices designed to beat the frustrations of center info improvement.
Automating repetitive programming initiatives is less complicated than many Flash / AS3 builders imagine. With the Ant construct software, the Eclipse IDE, and this concise consultant, you could manage your personal "ultimate improvement machine" to code, bring together, debug, and set up initiatives swifter. You’ll additionally start with versioning structures, resembling Subversion and Git.
- Going Mobile: Building the Real-Time Enterprise with Mobile Applications that Work
- Android on x86: An Introduction to Optimizing for Intel® Architecture
- Android Database Best Practices
- Windows Phone 7 Silverlight Cookbook
- The iPad 2 Project Book
Additional info for Android Tips and Tricks
You can create either a time rule or an event rule. To create a new rule, tap the Add Rule button on the Automatic Rules screen. In the Add Rule dialog box that opens, type the name for the rule; tap the Time Rule radio button or the Event Rule radio button, as needed; and then tap the OK button. ) The screen for configuring the rule then appears. You can configure it using the techniques explained in the previous section. For example, for a time rule, you can specify which days to affect by tapping the Days button; set the start time and end time by tapping the Start Time button and the End Time button; and choose between priority only, alarms only, and total silence by tapping the Do Not Disturb button.
Tap the Until You Turn This Off radio button or the For One Hour radio button. If you tap the For One Hour radio button, tap the + button or the – button to set the length of time. 6. Tap the Done button. The Quick Settings panel appears again, showing the setting you chose—for example, Priority Only. 30 ANDROID TIPS AND TRICKS NOTE You can tap the More Settings button on the Quick Settings panel for Do Not Disturb to jump to the Do Not Disturb screen in the Settings app. When you’re ready to turn Do Not Disturb off again, open the Quick Settings panel and tap the Priority Only icon, the Alarms Only icon, or the Total Silence icon.
Open the Settings app, tap the Language & Input button, and then go to the Physical Keyboard section of the Language & Input screen. The Physical Keyboard section appears above the Speech section, but it’s only there when the physical keyboard is connected. Tap the keyboard’s button (this shows the keyboard’s description, such as Logitech USB Keyboard) to display the Choose Keyboard Layout dialog box. If the layout you want appears, tap it to apply it. If not, tap the Set Up Keyboard Layouts button to display the Keyboard Layouts screen, and then tap the check box for each keyboard layout you want to make available.