By John Horton
Learn all of the Java and Android abilities you must commence making strong cellular applications
About This Book
- Kick-start your Android programming profession, or simply rejoice publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- A first-principles creation to Java, through Android, this means that it is easy to commence development your personal purposes from scratch
- Learn through instance and construct 3 real-world apps and over forty mini apps in the course of the book
Who This booklet Is For
Are you attempting to begin a occupation in programming, yet have not stumbled on the fitting manner in? Do you might have an outstanding suggestion for an app, yet do not know how you can make it a fact? or perhaps you are simply pissed off that “to research Android, you need to recognize java.” if that is so, Android Programming for novices is for you. you do not need any programming event to stick with in addition to this booklet, only a desktop and a feeling of adventure.
What you'll Learn
- Master the basics of coding Java for Android
- Install and arrange your Android improvement environment
- Build practical person interfaces with the Android Studio visible designer
- Add person interplay, info captures, sound, and animation for your apps
- Manage your apps' info utilizing the integrated Android SQLite database
- Find out in regards to the layout styles utilized by pros to make top-grade applications
- Build, set up, and submit actual Android functions to the Google Play marketplace
Android is the preferred OS on the earth. there are literally thousands of units having access to tens of millions of purposes. it truly is many people's access aspect into the realm of expertise; it truly is an working procedure for everybody. regardless of this, the entry-fee to truly make Android functions generally is a desktop technological know-how measure, or 5 years' worthy of Java experience.
Android Programming for novices may be your spouse to create Android functions from scratch―whether you are looking to begin your programming profession, make an software for paintings, be reintroduced to cellular improvement, or are only trying to application for enjoyable. we are going to introduce you to all of the primary strategies of programming in an Android context, from the Java fundamentals to operating with the Android API. All examples are produced from inside of Android Studio, the reliable Android improvement setting that is helping supercharge your program improvement process.
After this crash-course, we will dive deeper into Android programming and you may how one can create purposes with a professional-standard UI via fragments, make location-aware apps with Google Maps integration, and shop your user's facts with SQLite. additionally, you will see the best way to make your apps multilingual, seize photos from a device's digital camera, and paintings with pics, sound, and animations too.
By the top of this publication, you may be able to commence development your personal customized purposes in Android and Java.
Style and approach
With greater than forty mini apps to code and run, Android Programming for novices is a hands-on consultant to studying Android and Java. every one instance software demonstrates a special point of Android programming. along those mini apps, we push your talents by way of development 3 higher functions to illustrate Android program improvement in context.
Read Online or Download Android Programming for Beginners PDF
Similar introductory & beginning books
Pcs for Librarians is aimed basically at scholars of library and data administration and at these library and knowledge provider execs who consider the necessity for a publication that may supply them a vast evaluation of the rising digital library. It takes a top-down process, beginning with functions corresponding to the web, info assets and providers, provision of entry to details assets and library administration platforms, ahead of taking a look at information administration, desktops and expertise, facts communications and networking, and library structures improvement.
- Introductory Lectures on Convex Optimization: A Basic Course
- Introduction to Java Programming, AP Version
- Mathematical Models of Fluiddynamics: Modelling, Theory, Basic Numerical Facts - An Introduction
- SQL: Easy SQL Programming & Database Management For Beginners, Your Step-By-Step Guide To Learning The SQL Database
- Java programming : frm problem analysis to program design
Additional resources for Android Programming for Beginners
So you might just be able to click on Next at this point. However, if you've installed the JDK to another drive, then we need to change the drive and the folders we use at this step too. This isn't strictly essential, but it can avoid problems for some users. 12. For Android Studio Installation Location, choose the root of the drive where you've installed the JDK followed by \Android Studio. So in my case, this will be D:\Android Studio. For Android SDK Installation Location, choose the same hard drive and simply add Android\sdk as the location.
There are many different estimates to the number of lines of code that have gone into Android. Some estimates are as low as 1 million, some as high as 20 million. What might seem surprising is that, despite this vast amount of code, Android is known in programming circles for being "lightweight".  Chapter 1 Java is object-oriented Java is a programming language that has been around a lot longer than Android. It is an object-oriented language. This means that it uses the concept of reusable programming objects.
As far as we care at this point: • Java is a language that allows us to write code once that can be used over and over again. • This is very useful because it saves us time and allows us to use other people's code to perform tasks we might otherwise not have the time or knowledge to write for ourselves. • Most of the time, we do not even need to see this code or even know how it does its work! One last analogy. We just need to know how to use that code, just as we only need to learn to drive the car.