By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® advisor to cellphone and capsule app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This booklet can provide every little thing you must commence constructing nice apps fast and getting them released on Google Play™. The e-book makes use of an app-driven approach–each new expertise is mentioned within the context of 8 absolutely coded and verified Android apps, entire with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll improve comprise:
- Welcome App
- Cannon video game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- tackle Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject matter Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST internet Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting quite a few display Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source documents, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photos, Audio, pics, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App advertisements, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail publication at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This ebook
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide phone marketplace proportion, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and multiple billion Android units have been shipped world wide in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This e-book provides modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the middle of the e-book is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are offered within the context of whole operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The advent and app attempt drives first and foremost of every bankruptcy exhibit a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is on the market at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this publication have been conscientiously designed to introduce you to key Android positive factors and APIs. You’ll quick examine every little thing you want to commence development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the end Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in every one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you succeed in bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the ability to create your individual apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission strategy, together with importing your apps. You’ll come to a decision no matter if to promote your apps or supply them at no cost, and industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app ads, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
With the recognition of web entry through cellphones and different cellular units, net designers now need to reflect on as many as 8 working platforms, numerous browsers, and a slew of recent units as they plan a brand new web site, a brand new interface, or a brand new sub-site. This easy-to-follow pleasant publication courses you thru this courageous new global with a transparent examine the basics and provides useful recommendations and methods you could now not have thought of.
This is often the 1st middle information e-book to completely mirror Apple's most up-to-date platform options, together with its dramatic contemporary advancements to iCloud help. Hands-on from begin to end, it teaches you step by step as you create a contemporary data-driven iOS app utilizing Storyboards, ARC, iOS 7, and Xcode five. Tim Roadley introduces new styles and most sensible practices designed to beat the frustrations of center info improvement.
Automating repetitive programming projects is less complicated than many Flash / AS3 builders imagine. With the Ant construct software, the Eclipse IDE, and this concise advisor, you could organize your personal "ultimate improvement machine" to code, bring together, debug, and set up initiatives quicker. You’ll additionally start with versioning structures, reminiscent of Subversion and Git.
- The Independent Guide to the IPhone 3GS
- Creating iOS 5 apps : develop and design
- Mobile Device Security For Dummies
- Android - Programación de dispositivos móviles a través de ejemplos
- iPad and iPhone Tips and Tricks: For iOS 5 on iPad 2 and iPhone 4/4s
- My Palm Pre
Extra info for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Expand the Editor > General node and select Appearance, then ensure that Show line numbers is selected and click OK. Configure Android Studio to Disallow Code Folding By default, Android Studio’s code-folding feature is enabled. This feature collapses multiple lines of code into a single line so you can focus on other aspects of the code. For example, all the import statements in a Java source-code file can be collapsed into a single line to hide them, or an entire method can be collapsed into a single line.
This allows you to view Android’s source code and see how its features are implemented. html Numerous open-source Android apps from Google and others are available on the Internet (Fig. 1). 2 shows you where you can get the Android source code, learn about the philosophy behind the open-source operating system and get licensing information. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. jsp. com/news/android-shipments-exceed-1-billion-for-first-time-in2014/. html. com/articles/2013-05-29/behind-the-internet-of-things-isandroid-and-its-everywhere.
12 | Android and Java packages used in this book, listed with the chapter in which they first appear. We discuss additional packages in Volume 2. 7 Android Software Development Kit (SDK) The Android SDK provides the tools you’ll need to build Android apps. It gets installed with Android Studio. See the Before You Begin section (after the Preface) for details on downloading the software you’ll need to develop Android apps, including Java SE 7 and Android Studio. Android Studio Android Studio9 was announced at the Google I/O developer conference in 2013 and is now Google’s preferred Android IDE.